I want to share with you one of my favorite social media tools for adding cool typography to social media photos. It’s quick and easy and inexpensive. Within two minutes you can add beautiful text to a photo and share it across multiple social media platforms. It’s also a mobile app that you can use anytime and anywhere. It’s called Wordswag. It replaces the time time and complexity one had to go through with Photoshop to do this in the past.
Fast and Easy
Wordswag has been available in the market for a while now and just keeps getting better. It’s extremely simple and easy to use:
- Either take a photo or choose an existing photo (or choose one of their backgrounds).
- Select the typography style and color that you want from the list of options. (Most are free, but a few require a small in-app purchase.)
- Double-tap the default text and enter whatever text you want.
- Use your fingers to resize and move the text anywhere you want on the image.
- Select from different image filters (similar to Instagram) or keep the photo as is and click Done.
The app will crop your image to a square shape unless you tell it not to. If you tell it not to, then it will show you guide lines on the image for how the image will display in Twitter in their landscape format. Wordswag saves your image with the text to your Camera Roll so it can be accessed later.
The Typography options are modern, interesting, and engaging. They come in a variety of styles and sizes. They really help to bring interest to your text and make it visually appealing to read.
Add Watermark or Logo
Another great feature of Wordswag is the ability to add a watermark or logo before you save. While no watermark is completely foolproof, it at least gives you attribution for your photo when most people rampantly share it across the Internet. It also gives you a way to subtly insert your business name if you haven’t already featured it in the text.
Sharing Across Social Media
Wordswag also builds in the ability to easily and quickly share your new creation to:
You can also follow Wordswag on Instagram for some examples. This is my go-to tool to quickly create a photo with text and post it to my social media platforms. You can literally do it in less than two minutes and from anywhere.
There are a couple of disadvantages:
- It’s currently available only on iPhone, but also works great on iPad.
- It costs $3.99 and there are optional in-app purchases for some typography options. (However, compare this to the cost of Photoshop which is how I used to do this.)
There are some alternatives, including one or two that are free. If Wordswag doesn’t meet your needs, you could also check out:
- PicLab HD
- Pic Collage
Have you tried Wordswag? What do you think? Or do you have another option that you prefer? Please let us all know in the comments.
Please have a look at my other blog posts on topics across digital marketing. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. And sign up for our free newsletter to get the latest updates. I promise we won’t spam your email! We publish about once a week.